Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

ubuntu boot disk on cd

Options

how do i make a boot cd that will boot ubuntu from the hard drive? i want this to work even if the harddrive is a usb external and the mother board does not have the opion of booting from the usb port. the one that comes with ubutnu only make usb start updisks i need a cd

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    All of the boot/install methods for Ubuntu are covered on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation.

But I think what you are looking for is to actually boot the live CD contents from the bootloader, I know it is possible to do it with Slackware and booting he usb boot installer for recovery, but I am unfamiliar with ubuntu's installation structure. I would recommend reading into the network installations and see if there is a way to boot the network files on the local computer through the bootloader.
  • lancebermudez
    Options
    i want put cd in it boots the exteranl hard drive. mother board does not support usb booting
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    If you intend to boot another operating system which resides on an external hard drive then you can add an entry to the boot-loader to boot the OS from the external drive. If you can tell me what distro are on the main driver and the external and also tell me what boo-tloader you are using then I may be able to help.

Categories

Upcoming Training