Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

my mp3 and linux

Options

ok so i have a extra mp3 player to mess around with and i was wondering if i could install linux onto it? i already have a ipod so i dont much need the mp3 player for a whole lot. i figured i would try to put linux on it.

so i have a couple questions.

can linux go onto the mp3 player as well as ipod?

is linux on a mp3 or ipod the same thing as podzilla?

and how do i add music to it? same way as i normally would or after installing linux to it would there be a new program for it.

and finally my mp3 player is MP610-4G is there a download for this model? if so can i get a link to it?

thank you so much!

Comments

• woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Options
    There are many mp3 players, some of which are "hardwired" for their purpose (firmware vs. software), and some of which may already be running some sort of Linux software. Since you only mention the model, and nothing about the make of your player, there is no way anyone can advise you and answer your questions.
  • astromech_kuhns
    Options
    what info would the "make" be? year and company? its new, and is colby.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Make: Colby
    Model: MP610-4G

When this was first posted I looked it up and found several instructions about connecting it to an Linux based system, but could not find anything about installing Linux onto the mp3 player. I believe that is mp3 player is firmware based in which it cannot be replaced, hopefully someone can find some instructions to contradict my assumption.

Categories

Upcoming Training