Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Icon Sidebar?

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this question but here it goes. Okay, me and my dad just got Linux Mint Ubuntu on our computers. We've both been using Windows for years so it's a little hard to get used to. Anyway, my dad got this program, its in the synaptic package manager, and it put this icon panel on the bottom of his screen...its really cool and he told me that its name is three letters long. I told him I'd find it by myself but haven't had much luck. He also said that there was a Google article about it and that he had found out about it from the article. lol :P ...I don't want to admit I couldn't find it so if anyone knows what the program is I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks!

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I'm sorry, I don't know the app you looking for, but, if you go into synaptic, and do a search for "gnome icon panel", you might come up lucky. Especially if one of the results comes back marked as installed.
  • I think what you are looking for is Avant Window Navigator (AWN). Which is an icon panel similar to that of a MAC.
  • Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure that is the one that he has! :)
  • Mac 101: The Dock, Dock Icons? similar with rocket dock... try to use google then use the keyword "DOCK ICONS" :)

Categories

Upcoming Training