Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Flash player

Options

I'm goin' nuts on Flash Player!

I use Ubuntu 9.04 an have latest Flash player 10.0.32.18-1 as flashplugin-nonfree_2.5~bpo50+1_i386.deb and flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound 0.0.svn2431-3. I can listen to radio station (streaming windows media) and look at YouTube videos (but not hear the sound). Can't see slides at Slideshare, listen to music at MySpace and look at videos at Vimeo etc. Every time it's something with flash (beside of YouTube (!)) it just doesn't work.

I have reinstalled a couple of times and I also tried Gnash with no success. Is there no solution?

Comments

• langerak
    langerak Posts: 15
    Options
    I thought it was possible to change some audio related settings in the Flash player by right-clicking on it and choosing "Settings". But i am not sure whether it will let you control all of it...

I use the "swfdec" package (you can look that up in Synaptic) in Ubuntu 9.04 and all my flash movies seem to work, with sound too, only glitch about it is that i have to click every Flashmovie if i want it to play :P, big grey play icon to start playing the flashmovie :).

Categories

Upcoming Training