Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Do you recommend "gsoap"?

hi,

i want to know your opinions about "gsoap", base on your experiences? about its performance, stability, flexibility and security..

Do you recommend "gsoap" for a project with about 1000 client?

My environment: C++, Linux

best regards..

Comments

• woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Never heard of it. I assume it's some sort of WSDL/SOAP development or deployment tool?
  • lord.t
    lord.t Posts: 2
    hi,

yes , from its document: "The gSOAP tools provide a SOAP/XML-to-C/C++ language binding to ease the development of SOAP/XML Web services and client application in C and C++."

it has an skeleton compiler that generates the web service server/client basic functions form a .h file.. and also the WSDL file.
    also uses Data Binding to process XML documents..

any idea?
    best regards
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    From what you said, I'd have to say that how well it works in such an environment (1000 users) depends upon the server side of the equation. Are you contemplating using this for the server? If so, then you need to benchmark its performance under varying load conditions. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so-to-speak, when developing an application server. This tool will, it seems, help by taking your WSDL and creating stubs and headers for your programming tasks, and provides some capabilities for processing incoming xml/soap documents, hopefully dispatching them to the appropriate classes/methods/functions, so it might reduce the amount of programming you need to do regarding top-end processing of the data stream. That's maybe 10% of the work needed to build an application server, but a troublesome 10%.

Categories

Upcoming Training