Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Strange things while migrating to a new hosting

Options
Barraqudo
Barraqudo Posts: 1

Hello, people!

The task is to move PHP + mySQL site from Hosting 1 (gthost.com) to Hosting 2 (GoDaddy VPS).

On Hosting 1 I created a test file hello.php:

<Html> <Head> <Title> PHP Test </ title> </ Head> <Body> <? Php echo '<p> Hello Ya. </ P>'; ?> </ Body> </ Html>

I opened it with Google Chrome successfully:

Mydomain.com/hello.php

Then I deleted it.

Next I put together an archive of webpages and databases and transferred them to a new hosting, deployed DNS on a new server.

The site itself sorta opens after these manipulations. It is closed for public access and can be opened only by admin on a special secret link.

nslookup mydomain.com says that the site opens on the new hosting, as planned.

But I can’t understand what's going on here: When I create file hello.php in the webfolder on hosting 2, it doesn’t open in Chrome, saying that there is no such file. With file permissions everything’s okay: rwx-r-x-r-x, owner is cPanel of hosting 2, as well as on all other php files.

What can be a showstopper?

Maybe it's a .htaccess file? (I transferred it point-blank).

When I changed the rights to the folder:

Chown -R hosting-B-account-name: hosting-B-account-name htdocs / *

It seems to be hidden, and the owner is still admin from hosting 1.

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    edited March 2017
    Options

You said you placed the file in a webfolder and chrome could not open it. On hosting 2, is chrome supposed to have a direct link to this webfolder to open web pages, or did you try to open it manually in chrome?

• thomash
    thomash Posts: 1
    Options

Thanks for sharing. Can you advise me a good hosting for my online shop?

• choeg
    choeg Posts: 1
    edited March 2021
    Options

@thomash said:
    Thanks for sharing. Can you advise me a good hosting for my online shop?

I also recently encountered the same problem. All my life I dreamed of opening a website where my family would communicate, so to speak, a mini family chat. The number of people ranged from 10 to 15. Hence, I didn't need a professional hosting service, because I didn't use this site as a business and just wanted to open this chat as quickly as possible. I managed to do everything, but as soon as people started to visit the site, there were problems with the connection, which appeared every day. I was annoyed by all this and decided to abandon this hosting and switch to a good one 28msec.com

Categories

Upcoming Training