Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFCS and Tool Parameter memorization

alekulyn
alekulyn Posts: 5

One reason I'm taking LFS201 is to become ready for the LFCS tests.  However, there are a lot of tools and parameters to memorize.  Fortunately, I can memorize tools and their purposes and equal a task with a tool.  Unfortunately, that does not extend to the lists of parameters each tool has, like ps and rpm.  Will this affect me on the test or will I be able to use the

man

command?

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

When you take the exams you will have full access to the documentation on the machine, lincluding man, as well as the ability to install any software you dont see on the machine but you like to use.  For example you could do [yum|apt-get] install emacs

• alekulyn
    alekulyn Posts: 5
    edited February 2017

I'm assuming that if I pick an Ubuntu system (for example) for the test, I won't be tested on rpm/yum/zipper?

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    edited February 2017

the tests are all performance based, thus you can only use utilities for the distribution you select

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144
    edited March 2017

Hi 
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}

alekulyn,

As coop mentioned, you will be able to use the man pages or anything else you need in the system. The parameters are many and I don't think there is one person who knows all of them.

Regards,

Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training