Training > Web and Application > Node.js Application Development (LFW211)
Training Course

Node.js Application Development (LFW211)

Improve your versatility in creating various types of Node.js applications. Covering a broad set of use cases and using Node.js core APIs with selected ecosystem libraries, this course fully prepares you for the Node.js Application Developer Certification.

Who Is It For

This course is for those starting out in web application development who want to gain more practical skills and improve their abilities. The course is also useful for web application developers preparing for the JSNAD certification exam. Only a basic knowledge of the command line is required.
read less read more
What You’ll Learn

This course provides core skills for effectively harnessing a broad range of Node.js capabilities at depth, equipping you with rigorous skills and knowledge to build any kind of Node.js application or library. While by design the training content covers everything but HTTP and web frameworks, the crucial fundamentals presented prepares the student to work with web applications along with all types of Node.js applications. This includes command line tools, real-time applications, network applications, desktop applications, build tools and more.
read less read more
What It Prepares You For

By taking this course, you will be fully prepared for the OpenJS Node.js Application Developer Certification (JSNAD) and acquire pragmatic knowledge and core skills that accelerate both Node.js productivity and career growth.
read less read more
Course Outline
Chapter 1. Course Introduction
Chapter 2. Setting Up
Chapter 3. The Node Binary
Chapter 4. Debugging & Diagnostics
Chapter 5. Key JavaScript Concepts
Chapter 6. Packages & Dependencies
Chapter 7. Node’s Module Systems
Chapter 8. Asynchronous Control Flow
Chapter 9. Node’s Event System
Chapter 10. Handling Errors
Chapters 11. Using Buffers
Chapter 12. Working with Streams
Chapter 13. Interacting with the File System
Chapter 14. Process & Operating System
Chapter 15. Creating Child Processes
Chapter 16. Writing Unit Tests

Gain your certification after this course with our JSNAD Exam

Bundle this course and the exam to save $100

Prerequisites
Knowledge of how to use a command line terminal is required.

We recommend Introduction to Node.js (LFW111x), a free edX course, as a good start for your Node.js journey.

Lab Info
Lab exercises in this course are designed to work either on native hardware, or using a virtual machine (VM), under a hypervisor, such as those in the KVM, VMWare, or Virtual Box families. Detailed instructions to set up your lab environment are provided in the course.

If using a cloud provider like GCP or AWS, you should be able to complete the lab exercises using the free tier or credits provided to you. However, you may incur charges if you exceed the credits initially allocated by the cloud provider, or if the cloud provider’s terms and conditions change.

Reviews
Jul 2023
The content helped me to really understand the core components of Nodejs.
Jul 2023
The course material is subject-oriented, and carefully selected to give maximum knowledge in a short period of time. In addition, it contains a lot of relevant links to material for further development.
May 2023
I liked the cumulative learning aspect, and that I got out of it what I put into it. Really loved coding in general, and especially Node, so it was nice to feel like I was learning of my own volition. Came into this course with a 50% comfort level on 50% of the material, and left with something like 95% ~ 100%.
Mar 2023
The exercises were very helpful in recapping the material learnt.
Feb 2023
I started out quite puzzled about NodeJs, but as soon as I ran over the first chapters, I felt like I was discovering a new world.