Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Setting Queue for sbopkg failed [SOLVED ]

Recently I have installed Slackware 13.37 .

I tried to setup the queue file . But, whenever, whatever package I tried to install , I got,

" No valid queuefile or package name given. Exiting."

I looked into queue file and gave one package name [ google earth ] which exist in the file. For that too, I got the error message.

So far, can not make out with google.

I cannot able to figure out, where I did mistake .

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    It sounds like a name issue, since google earth is listeded as google-easrth.
    Have you attempted to use the sbopkg gui tool to pre-select the packages from the search function and building a queue that way?
  • chekkizhar
    chekkizhar Posts: 182
    mfillpot wrote:
    Have you attempted to use the sbopkg gui tool to pre-select the packages from the search function and building a queue that way?
    after read your reply, I tried. All options from the sbopkg menu, throws different errors, which are ultimately saying that, their content is empty. No, sbo files installed , like that

Thanks Matthew.
  • mfillpot
    Have you used the command "sbopkg -r" to start the sync the repo? and if all else fails you can remove the configuration files and application then reinstall.
  • chekkizhar
    mfillpot wrote:
    Have you used the command "sbopkg -r" to start the sync the repo?
    Great .
    just now I tried and now, things started to WORK. Thanks matt.

Actually , after I had gone through the man page of sbopkg , to know more about it. There , the flag " -r ", just stated

" ``Rsync'' the local repository with SBo and quit. "

So, I was not much into that flag.

can you please explain , what problem I had, and how this option, resolved this , if time permits ?

I am not sure about my problem, but I guess, some wrong addition/installation of queue file.
    And I guess, it resolved this by, removing all queue files and setup a new queue file.
  • mfillpot
    The r flag tells sbopkg to use rsyn to make a mirror of all slackbuilds from Slabkbuilds.org, so it is used to get the initial list and to update your scripts so that you can receive the updates for the apps.
  • chekkizhar
    ok. Need to dig around more and happy to have problems like this, to learn more.

Thanks matthew

Categories

Upcoming Training