Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Boot is only in a loop

I installed Fedora 12 and my computer have problem to boot. It only starts to go in a loop - try to start and reeboot. Anyone know how to solve this?

Comments

• asedt
    asedt Posts: 96
    Can you see anything on the screen before it reboots? Or is it making any special sound like beeps? Do you run Fedora as single OS or do you dual boot with Windows?

If you installed with a Live CD you can test boot the CD into a Live session to see if it works.

Any reason for using Fedora 12, it's from 2009 and is not supported any more.
  • May be hardware CPU fan issue - Troubleshoot it once:
    Little awkward answer, please also check once your CPU fan condition. If sometimes your CPU fan fails, then by the time your OS boots, it gets heated up. So sometimes it gets automatically rebooted via bios or some OS cycle and it may start again. This happened for me long ago when I was doing my college and I had a a Celeron 500MHz processor based system. I thought some OS issue, later found that CPU fan failed so this freeze after boot or restart after boot happened. If not this issue then ignore.

May be RAM issue - Troubleshoot this too once:
    Just check once the RAM modules. If you have 2-modules, just boot the system with only one module. Also once you can remove the RAM modules, and insert one by one and try so that you can find your system stable and running.

Of course problems due to software errors are an exception you can follow the threads or suggests as other users already suggested.
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    deposito wrote:
    I installed Fedora 12 and my computer have problem to boot. It only starts to go in a loop - try to start and reeboot. Anyone know how to solve this?

There also maybe something wrong with the partitions. Can you tell us how your drive is partitioned?
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    With all of the recommendations and possible causes we should look towards simplicity for finding the cause, can you just posts a video chowing the reboot action so we can see exactly what the system is doing and pick out any error messages?
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    That is a good idea.

Categories

Upcoming Training