Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Linux.com blogs

I feel stupid asking this. I posted 1 blog with no problem. Any others won't publish. Am I restricted or doing something wrong?

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I don't see any problems with your first post, but, alas, I have yet to blog. Many of the other Moderators do, as well as other contributors to the forum. Sit tight, if others can't figure out the problem, we'll let the admin's know tomorrow and get it fixed.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Justin3085 wrote:
    I feel stupid asking this. I posted 1 blog with no problem. Any others won't publish. Am I restricted or doing something wrong?

The blog system is really strange. It seems like you need "aproval" or something like that 'cause your posts won't be published right away.

I started using it a bit but I realised I do not want anyone but me to own my blog. I don't see why we can't have something ala "planet"...

Regards
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    All newer bloggers on linux.com have to receive approval for their posts to be published by the admins, this is a step to stop spammers and to guarantee the quality of the content. A few individuals have been pre-approved for unmoderated blog posts, but those are people that have proved themselves to the admins. Your blog post will be approved as soon as an admin can review the content, just so you know the admins are not the moderators we have no control of that system so we cannot push your post through.
  • Thanks for the replies :) .... I know I overlook things sometimes but I'm glad it wasn't staring me in the face hah!
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Justin3085 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies :) .... I know I overlook things sometimes but I'm glad it wasn't staring me in the face hah!

You are not the only one that doesn't understand how it works. IMHO it's not clear at all.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    marc wrote:
    Justin3085 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies :) .... I know I overlook things sometimes but I'm glad it wasn't staring me in the face hah!

You are not the only one that doesn't understand how it works. IMHO it's not clear at all.

Then I will work to try to get some type of notification added to the site.
  • RSims
    RSims Posts: 146
    needing review before it goes onto linux.com makes sense to me... we would have insane stuff all over the site otherwise lol.

Categories

Upcoming Training