Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Ubuntu 9.04 Released today

mfillpot
mfillpot Posts: 2,177

The latest version of Ubuntu was released today and the strain from the amount of download requests seems amazing. I was unable to get a download rate for an iso greater than 5.4k and was unable to even download the official torrent files from Ubuntu's website.

Please report your download rates and locations here so we can help each other get the iso ASAP.

Comments

• mfillpot
    Please delete this message
  • mfillpot
    The attached file contains the torrents for the official Ubuntu 9.04 isos. [file name=Ubuntu_official_Desktop_Torrents.zip size=113329]http://beta.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/Ubuntu_official_Desktop_Torrents.zip[/file]
  • mfillpot
    The attached file contains the torrents for the Official Ubuntu 9.04 Server ISOs. [file name=Ubuntu_official_Server_Torrents.zip size=47952]http://beta.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/Ubuntu_official_Server_Torrents.zip[/file]
  • tuxmania
    tuxmania Posts: 19
    Installing Netbook Remix right now on my little one.

Downloading yesterday was very fast for me from one of the mirrors in sweden.

:woohoo:
  • And with 9.04 there comes another good Release. I'd say, it's rather stable.

/me must begin learning to hack upstart!
  • And now, there's the Ubuntu Open Week: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

See ya!
  • jdeslip
    jdeslip Posts: 9
    In, my opinion, best release yet. I was disappointed by the lack of improvements in 8.10. But, jaunty really seems like a marked improvement.
  • tuxmania
    tuxmania Posts: 19
    I have only updated my netbook to jaunty. The desktop at work runs debian and at home i just havent had the time. On the netbook it was an improvement except for the video drivers.
  • I'm running my Desktop, my Notebook and two Workstations on Jaunty. I like it's short boot times and some ACPI improvements that 2.6.28 brings (mostly on the Notebook).

I like Jaunty just as I did like Intrepid. After Hardy had been a disappointment to me (on the desktop) concerning the stability, I found Intrepid to be a necessary stabilizing release.
  • I've been running it on my laptop and desktop for a while now. A few things I really like:

-The Ayatana project's use of the new notification system. It's clean, simple, and functional. Hopefully it'll be themeable soon enough.

-Improved driver support. It's easier than ever to ensure that components work.

-The new themes are great, a huge step forward.

-Seems more responsive than the previous release.
  • Xipher_Zero
    Xipher_Zero Posts: 48
    I have to say that this release is easily the best that I have used. It still has it's rough edges (Especially in regards to it's Intel graphic driver support) but over all has been a pleasant experience on all the machines I have installed it on.

Cheers
  • dwieeb
    dwieeb Posts: 1
    Yeah this release is excellent. I love how well it works with my EeePc B) Had to get the restricted packages though, of course!
  • ajun
    ajun Posts: 25
    Now, i use the Ubuntu 9.04!
    :P

Categories

Upcoming Training