Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

WiFi keeps shutting off

On startup, or after waking up from hibernating, my wifi card is always off. I have a script running at startup now to turn on the card, but is there a way to run the script on wakeup from hibernation s i dont have to open a term to turn on the card? The button on the laptop only works to turn the card on or off 1 out of 20 tries, so its not as simple as just pushing a button.

Ubuntu 10.9

HP G70 Laptop

Comments

• asedt
    asedt Posts: 96
    Quote of first hit on Google, worth testing:
    ... go to /etc/pm/sleep.d/ and add a script that will be executed before and after suspending or hibernating. The script receives a single command-line parameter "suspend", "resume", "hibernate" or "thaw", it should inspect this argument and take the appropriate action. There should be at least one other script in that directory (99laptop-mode) that you can use as a reference.

http://superuser.com/questions/60473/is-there-a-way-to-call-a-script-when-ubuntu-wakes-up-from-suspend-or-hibernate-mo
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Besides the link Aron gave you, you can also check NetworkManager and see if the box next to "Start Automatically at boot" is checked. It's sometimes as simple as that. I don't use hibernate or suspend, but, I know it solved my problems at start.

Categories

Upcoming Training