Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

linux on gaming consoles

I have several questions, regarding yellow dog on ps3 is there any way to install another os on the ps3 without downgrading and using the install other os that has been removed from the ps3? Or is there other linux distros that support the ps3? May someone could provide details on this. I have been trying to get this feature back but have had no luck at this point. How to boot? How to install? Is this possible?

secondly, now for the xbox 360. Is there an active distro or distros for the 360? How would i go about booting into it upon downloading and burning to dvd? also maybe someone could provide me with some detail on this subject or maybe a walkthrough on both of these topic.

Help!!! with these subjects would be of very much help?

Comments

• tsmith8906
    tsmith8906 Posts: 10
    All these views yet not one reply, Someone has to no something, Anything.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    tsmith8906 wrote:
    All these views yet not one reply, Someone has to no something, Anything.

If someone can help, he will.

As for the installation in the PS3, AFAIK you could install whatever you want as long as you have the master key (check it on google, kinda easy to find)

Don't know the details on how to install though
  • tsmith8906
    THANK YOU MUCH THIS HAS HELPED ME. IM AM TRYING IT NOW WITH A LITTLE LUCK CROSS MY FINGERS. WILL REPORT BACK SOON TO LET ALL NO HOW AND IF IT WORKS.
  • tsmith8906
    OK SO ONCE I HAVE THE MASTER KEY AND I ALSO FOUND A ROOT KEY WHAT EXACTLY DO I DO WITH IT? DO I EXTRACT PUP FILE THEN PUT KEY IN THERE SOMEWHERE THE PUT THE PUP BACK TOGETHER? WITH A PROGRAM THAT SEEMS TO BE USELESS OR SO IT SEEMS. HOW WOULD I DO THIS? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE? THE SOLE PURPOSE I BOUGHT A DARN PS3 IS TO USE LINUX ON IT BUT WHEN I GOT PS3 IT AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED ITSELF AND LOST THAT FEATURE. IM NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN JB THE CONSOLE UNLESS I HAVE TO. HELP PLEASE HELP.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Please resist typing in caps, it's considered yelling and is impolite. Thank you.

Entering "ps3 linux" into Google came up with http://www.linuxonyourgamingconsole.com/ps3-linux-install.

Categories

Upcoming Training