Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

hi everyone! help me plz

elo! i've got a problem.. I hope you'll help me..

i tried to view my friend's video on her facebook but said i'd need to install flash player 10 so i did.. I clicked it and successfully installed it.. (it said).. it was saved on to 'user' folder..

now everything's really boring. i could see videos on youtube before but now :( no more.. i jst don't get what happened.. i've asked for my friends' help who are self-acclaimed GOOD technicians,,, but linux hasn't been nice to them.. :(

my friends don't know how to uninstall the flash player 10. i jst want it deleted.. i hope you could help.. plzz.. plz.. :(

Comments

• itbcn8
    itbcn8 Posts: 23
    What version of Debian are you running?
  • masinick
    masinick Posts: 20
    In the Debian repositories, there are multiple packages that can be used that can be helpful in viewing Flash content with your Web browser. On my system I have flashplugin-nonfree version 1:2.26 installed, and I also have adobe-flashplugin version 10.0.22.87-1 installed. I am using a system based on Debian Sid. I have the www.debian-multimedia.org repository enabled on my system. The exact versions and details for you may vary if you are using a different version, but if you have any problems with this, let me know and I will try to guide you with it.
  • masinick
    As far as removing what you have, try locating the file that you added, and if you can find it, remove it. From what I can tell, based on your description, you did not use the Debian packaging system to install the file (otherwise you would use that). In your case, just delete what you have in this "user" area, then use the Debian package manager to add the two packages that I mentioned in my previous note.
  • abrenar
    abrenar Posts: 117
    you can install flash in synaptic manager just put flash in the search area and all packages that will show check it and apply, it will absolutely fix your problem.
  • masinick
    abrenar wrote:
    you can install flash in synaptic manager just put flash in the search area and all packages that will show check it and apply, it will absolutely fix your problem.

Excellent suggeston, abrenar, as far as searching for packages that match the keyword "flash". Be aware, however, that if you use both package names and descriptions in the search, you will get more than you intend, or need. The flashplugin-nonfree and adobe-flashplugin packages should suffice, and you can find them with the search tool - that is how I located them.
  • abrenar
    abrenar Posts: 117
    thanks brian, i just want to make sure she will fix it 100% and there is no problem installing other packages that are not needed or intended by the user.

;)

Categories

Upcoming Training