Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Help me create/tweek a new linux distro

Any techie create/tweek a linux distro this month? Need only certain fonts (including at console, terminal, GUI and font folder) with a booting/installing graphical image. Both Live CD and install.

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    LinuxTimes wrote:

Any techie create/tweek a linux distro this month? Need only certain fonts (including at console, terminal, GUI and font folder) with a booting/installing graphical image. Both Live CD and install.

What exactly are you asking for?
  • LinuxTimes
    LinuxTimes Posts: 5
    marc wrote:
    LinuxTimes wrote:

What exactly are you asking for?

@ Marc Deop
    Have you a favourite linux distro e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, PCLinuxOS, Sabayon Linux etc? Choose the one you prefer for the tweek. Remove all fonts, install 2 fonts for use on console, terminal, GUI and apps. Remove the logo from the distro and put another logo that is seen at booting/installing. Mail me the Live CD / USB and have it available for download at Google Project Hosting (ISO image). Please tell me your price (am prepared to pay also) for doing this. Prefer also if the browser launches automatically at startup with a specific website.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    So, you don't want help to create a distro for your own uses or are you are asking for a consultant to develop distro for you.

If this for business, personal use or to complete a school project?
  • mfillpot
    I am removing all of the aggression from this thread to put it back on course.

Please understand that you are asking for a volunteer to do quite a bit or work for you without any benefit to themselves.

The potential interest in assisting you with your task will be based upon your intentions. for example if this is for a business someone can take this task and ask for professional consultation costs, or if it is for a college/university project we will answer questions and guide you rather than doing the work because educational projects are devised for you to learn from.

Once we understand your purpose and needs you may find a consultant or tutors to help you complete your task.
  • LinuxTimes
    mfillpot wrote:
    I am removing all of the aggression from this thread to put it back on course.

Please understand that you are asking for a volunteer to do quite a bit or work for you without any benefit to themselves.

The potential interest in assisting you with your task will be based upon your intentions. for example if this is for a business someone can take this task and ask for professional consultation costs, or if it is for a college/university project we will answer questions and guide you rather than doing the work because educational projects are devised for you to learn from.

Once we understand your purpose and needs you may find a consultant or tutors to help you complete your task.

Thanks for deleting the offending post by the other moderator which I found to be aggressive towards me a newbie.

I know that I cannot do a Linux distro myself. I need some person/s to do it. If it could be done this month that would be great. I don't want it for a business. I want it for Absolute Justice and the Absolute Truth of a Spiritual Master who and whose USA 1966 started institution that became global suffered a materialist coup in 1977. I have waited for Absolute Justice and the Absolute Truth of this Spiritual Master to manifest. From November 1977 is a long time. Thus with the computers and the global internet system, an Operating System is part of a solution.
  • mfillpot
    The offending post was actually a follow up to my comment, just not quite as friendly. We were both assuming that you were a college student who was attempting to cheat on a project, which we would not assist with.

Thank you for stating your purpose.

Now that we know it is for a religious purpose that may help to find volunteers to assist with your project, however without the organizer having the capability to participate in the collaboration the odds of succeeding, much less in the time frame you want, will be very small. You would be best off asking the other members of your group if any of them have experience with Linux and asking for them to help you start a development team.

As for myself, I will not help because I do not in any way affiliate myself with any religious actions.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a development team.
  • LinuxTimes
    mfillpot wrote:
    The offending post was actually a follow up to my comment, just not quite as friendly. We were both assuming that you were a college student who was attempting to cheat on a project, which we would not assist with.

mfillpot wrote:
    So, you don't want help to create a distro for your own uses or are you are asking for a consultant to develop distro for you.

If this for business, personal use or to complete a school project?

No, you were not assuming a particular occupation/position with a 'slant' because if you refer to the thread (see above second quote) you were still open minded.
  • LinuxTimes
    mfillpot wrote:
    Now that we know it is for a religious purpose that may help to find volunteers to assist with your project, however without the organizer having the capability to participate in the collaboration the odds of succeeding, much less in the time frame you want, will be very small. You would be best off asking the other members of your group if any of them have experience with Linux and asking for them to help you start a development team.

As for myself, I will not help because I do not in any way affiliate myself with any religious actions.

I could extend the time frame to have this project done. I am one person only, independent person without any group.

Yesterday I phoned Philip Newborough here in England, the CrunchBang Linux distributor, he turned it down politely via an email because he is starting a new job. FWIW to you, it is beyond religion that is changeable, it is above the heavenly planets and is related to spirituality (spiritual planets) and Absolute Truth.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    LinuxTimes wrote:
    Yesterday I phoned Philip Newborough here in England, the CrunchBang Linux distributor, he turned it down politely via an email because he is starting a new job. FWIW to you, it is beyond religion that is changeable, it is above the heavenly planets and is related to spirituality (spiritual planets) and Absolute Truth.

No offense but... that sounds like religion to me. You don't need a "god" in your believes for it to be religion. In fact, you just need those *believes*.

I stand the same as mfillpot ;)

Regards

Categories

Upcoming Training