Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Applets, animation, movies won't play on firefox

jojocompas
jojocompas Posts: 26

After I upgraded my Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10 and then 9.04, everything seems to be running fine to the exception of applets, animation and movies on msn video & youtube or as a matter fact any site that has animation, videos or movies. I also notice

My nvidia drivers which was not activated under 8.04 were automatically activated and running fine, I don't know if it has something to do with issue in question.

What can I do?

and also may I attempt to remove the nvidia driver?

Comments

• darkixion
    darkixion Posts: 41
    That sounds like Flash needs to be reinstalled. Check for
    flashplugin-nonfree

in Synaptic Package Manager. If it's already installed, try reinstalling it, bearing in mind if your browser is already open, you'll have to close it to check if it is working.
  • jojocompas
    jojocompas Posts: 26
    Thank you for your reply it definitely pointed me to the right direction, I had re-installed the flashplugin-nonfree and it did not change a thing, however while I was trying to play a flash video on Mozilla I went to see under ''Tools Manage Content Plug-ins'' and I saw there were 2 plug-ins in use and one of them was ''Swfdec Swf'' apparently it's a plug-in to play swf files macromedia flash on Gnome, after I remove it, I closed down the browser and try again.
    It works fine.
    Thank you again for your input.
  • darkixion
    darkixion Posts: 41
    Hmm, I didn't think of that. Glad you sorted it. :)

Categories

Upcoming Training