Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Hello

Options

Hello,

I've been using Linux as a GUI user for about 9 years. I know some of you are wondering, "why don't you learn the command line?" Well, I guess it's sort of like asking why someone doesn't learn the violin. Or, why not learn calculus? You know, it would be really good if you learned metalworking... People have proclivities. Over the years I've stumbled along coming to find things I'd like to do (now Ubuntu) and have gone searching for nifty applications that bring me a solution.

So today, I want to announce my lurking for solutions. Currently I have four problems I'm looking for solutions to. (I'll post in detail in the appropriate forums). Looking to get files from hard disk that shows the partition and size but the daemon is not doing it's thing. Configuring a ethernet connection to an access point with an Engenius gizmo. Getting Ubuntu 10.04 to be able to use NVIDIA drivers in a HP s7727c. And lastly, setting up a small network (three or four computers) that is able to handle NMEA 0183 sentences. Because we live on our boat.

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    Welcome to the Linux.com Forums. There are many knowledgeable people here that can find solutions to even the most perplexing problems.

Have fun, and hope we can help.

Tom
  • friTTe
    friTTe Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome aboard :)

looks really nice to live on a boat.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Options
    Hahahahah Living in a boat has been something in my head for some time now... maybe someday :)

Welcome to the forums

Categories

Upcoming Training