Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Linux Babies ! ! !

Options

Who are Linux Babies here ?

Don't be Shy Show your Self ! !

We are here for support ! !

Tell us your Inquiries and problems encountered in your first few days in linux.

We will help you to decide to leave your Old Operating System Full of Viruses and malwares to secured Linux.

;)

Comments

• John Santos
    Options
    That would be I... sort of.
    I haven't gone full blown linux but do play with it from time to time. If I can make sure that the Citrix client works on Linux and I can work from home, then I will definately try the move sooner than later....
  • abrenar
    abrenar Posts: 117
    Options
    I am not Familiar with Citrix Apps, but try to google it out . I am pretty much sure that every softwares Runs in Windows and other Operating Systems have an equivalent software under Linux.

:woohoo:
  • atreyu
    atreyu Posts: 216
    Options
    abrenar wrote:

Tell us your Inquiries and problems encountered in your first few days in linux.

We will help you to decide to leave your Old Operating System Full of Viruses and malwares to secured Linux.

;)

Er...I'm not sure that the term Linux "Babies" is the nicest way to entice users of Old Operating Systems. Hell, if anything, I'm a Microsoft Baby, born of the Mother Gates, suckler of the teat of Windows 95, until Linux removed the goop from mine eyes.

but, yeah, i agree - if you don't want a silicon virus magnet for a computer, install Linux.
  • abrenar
    Options
    Linux Babies, im Sorry if you didnt like it, but to explain why i called it Linux Babies is:

Define Babies:
    Babies = Infant "Source Wikipedia"

"infant" derives from the Latin word infans, meaning "unable to speak." "Infant" is also a legal term referring to any child under the age of legal adulthood

Define Linux: "For ME"
    Linux a great Operating system that uses by many great people in the world.

Define Linux Babies: "So i derived this term"
    People who uses Linux that cant speak about it, shy to ask some question because of their ignorance about their new OS.

Thats why i told them:

FYI, ;)
  • ikis
    ikis Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, abrenar. Unfortunately while there isn't a forum for site related topics (and it seems for 'off-topics' too), anything of interest for Linux beginners is lost in middle of a lot of unrelated stuff.
  • kaioshade
    kaioshade Posts: 4
    Options
    I have dabbled with Linux to varying degrees, but i am still very much a baby. I hope to change this within the next year. I have mostly used Debian for my boxes, but have tried Slackware and Fedora. I still have lots to learn.
  • vtel57
    vtel57 Posts: 164
    Options
    Don't we all. :)
  • abrenar
    Options
    me too. i am new to linux "forever" why because linux is will not stop to update and upgrade, so me i will not stop to learn new things about Linux.

;)
  • jnvilo
    jnvilo Posts: 10
    Options
    abrenar wrote:

;)

So somebody wants to remove "Newbie" and now use baby instead?? Has the term newbie become such a derogative term nowadays?
  • abrenar
    Options
    The term newbie......

It depends on the people the way they understand it and how they see them self about it.

;)

Categories

Upcoming Training