Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Virus and spyware scanner for linux?

Options

Hello All!!! =]

I need a good free/paid virus and spyware scanner for linux. Not for the sake of my linux machines, from what I've read they

don't seem to need it. But for the sake of the windows machines on our network. our network connects to the net by going through a host computer, and that host computer has been getting slammed lately and I've been streaming quite a bit of youtube on my newest linux machine (used to be xp, and vista before that) as well as other sites like Hulu and ustream.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks!!!

Jim :)

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    Unless you running a dual boot, or, have Wine installed and are running Windows apps directly within Linux, you probably don't have anything to worry about. Then again, if you would like to check files coming from, or, going to a Windows box from within your Linux install, you can install ClamAV, that will check your files for Viruses etc.
  • Brolyfanatic777
    Options
    I'm a newb to linux, and can't make heads or tales of anything command line related. do you know of a Scanner that uses a GUI?
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    You can try clamtk or other guis for clamav, when you search for clam in your software download tool you will find many options.
  • vtel57
    vtel57 Posts: 164
    Options
    Both Avast! and AVG have Linux versions that you can install and use for your needs.

Categories

Upcoming Training