Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

webcam built-in hp dv6 2145es

hi boys.

I have bought me a new computer, hp dv6 2145es. Now i am using ubuntu10.04 in virtual mode with VirtualBox, before inatall in my new laptop.

view my pc here

The problem is webcam don´t run. And i don,t know. I tried install "uvcvideo" and didn´t work, also i tried "gstreamer-properties" and run "v4l2" "v4l" and didn´t run. "cheese" don´t detects my video.

Can you help me?:blush:

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    With virtualbox and other virtualization tools you must set the configuration file to to tell your primary OS what physical hardware must be shared with the virtual installation because all hardware the virtual OS sees are virtual and not your real components.

Checkout the discussion at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=761986 to see what some other people have tried to get their webcams to work in virtualbox.
  • thank you :)
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Are you using the "open" or proprietary version of VirtualBox? With the proprietary version (free for personal use) you can go to the devices menu in you virtual machine screen and enable the USB connection for the web cam. Then ubuntu should be able to use it.

Categories

Upcoming Training