Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

unable to start CKA exam due to PSI browser issues

Options

I had very very bad experience recently with CKA exam, when I was very well prepared, my Laptop also scanned for prerequisites, and as soon as I launched the exam I started facing issue with PSI browser. Due to which I was not able to start an exam.
After that I raised an support ticket TCCS-99586. Since 3 days its status is "WAITING FOR SUPPORT".
As Linux foundation charge heavily for certifications then why they are not able to provide proper support?
Its 3rd day and still exam Status is showing "Grading in progress".

Everywhere they are giving the reason that due to large number of tickets response is slow, but this is not valid reason in 2024.

Comments

• ajit1992
    ajit1992 Posts: 3
    Options

@mstepien I would request you to instead of giving the standard reply "We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, depending on the volume."

I would suggest to mention specific days , it will help us while waiting, you can say approximately 3 days, 1 week,2 week, 4 weeks etc instead of "several business days"... its really frustrating when I read same comments everywhere .

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 434
    Options

Hi @ajit1992,

As a member of the Training team, I don’t have direct visibility into the exact timeframe for Support team responses. The response time can vary depending on the volume of tickets they’re currently handling. I understand your frustration, but please be assured that our Support team is dedicated to assisting all students promptly. They’re working hard to address everyone’s concerns, and they’ll get to your ticket as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Magda

• ivesti
    ivesti Posts: 3
    edited April 2
    Options

Hi @ajit1992, I am exactly in the same situation and it's been 4 days already with no response and the wait has been tremendous and so frustrating, considering the high exam costs and the perceived reputation of the Linux Foundation as being a reliable and professional organization.
    How long did you wait for a response?
    @mstepien -- You mentioned prompt support but this is not the case unfortunately.

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @ivesti,

Please note that the timing is calculated based on business days, excluding weekends and holidays. It is currently Tuesday morning in the U.S.

Magda

• ivesti
    Options

@mstepien -- I am aware that today is Tuesday and that the timing is calculated in business days. It is rather concerning why it takes so long for a response. That suggests that either there is no sufficient support staff or there are so many people waiting with issues to be solved. This is really concerning as time is of essence in the industry and we expect the professionalism that the Linux Foundation proudly advertises to provide.

• mstepien
    Options

@ivesti,

We recognize the importance of quick support and want to offer some insight into your exam experience and our response times.

The Linux Foundation conducts thousands of exams weekly. Despite our commitment to excellence, the high volume of exams means that occasionally, challenges may arise. It's important to highlight that only a small percentage of all exams administered encounter issues. Most candidates complete their exams and receive certification smoothly.

Our Customer Support team handles a broad range of inquiries, including but not limited to exam-related issues. This approach ensures a better experience for all candidates, though it might sometimes extend response times since tickets are addressed in the order they're received.

We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience caused by delays. Please be assured that the team is actively working to enhance its processes and improve how quickly they can assist you.

Best,
    Magda

• ivesti
    Options

@mstepien,

The support team's assistance is definitely not prompt as so many people are experiencing long delays, without any clear and much needed foresight, while the improvements and process enhancement are obviously lacking based on repeated complaints here in the threads which perpetuate for years, not days.

• mstepien
    Options

@ivesti

It's important to recognize that people are more likely to share negative experiences online, which can sometimes give a skewed perception of the overall situation.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the waiting time and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Magda

Categories

Upcoming Training