Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Loading initial ramdisk stuck

Options
mathaichan
mathaichan Posts: 2

I installed the latest kernel release from the linux mainline. But i wasn't able to boot it up. whereas my older kernel,newly installed stable releases are booting up fine. Can i get help to solve this problem.
i tried this workaround by adding dis_ucode_ldr param to grub but its not working!still facing the issue

Comments

• venuchoudhary001
    Options

@mathaichan said:

I installed the latest kernel release from the linux mainline. But i wasn't able to boot it up. whereas my older kernel,newly installed stable releases are booting up fine. Can i get help to solve this problem.
    i tried this workaround by adding dis_ucode_ldr param to grub but its not working!still facing the issue

I am also facing the same error. I was able to install and boot into the new stable kernel. However when i tried to boot into linus's latest (mainline kernel) I faced same error

• venuchoudhary001
    Options

@venuchoudhary001 said:

@mathaichan said:

I am also facing the same error. I was able to install and boot into the new stable kernel. However when i tried to boot into linus's latest (mainline kernel) I faced same error

I have solved this issue. I am just posting what worked for me in case someone else falls for the same.

The major issue is that your kernel installation is not proper. I followed the following steps for kernel installation -
    /linux_mainline/
    make clean

make mrproper

make olddefconfig

Next steps are similar to the normal kernel compiling and building.
    Once the kernel is compiled.

sudo make modules_install sudo make install
    In my case this worked, I don't exactly know the real reason, I found out a lot of people have faced this error. Here is a link to one - here

Categories

Upcoming Training