Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

CKS exam with MacOS, couldnt type "|"

Options

I had the problem that I couldnt type "|" (pipe) and lost a lot of time till I found the symbol on a wikipage an copy it.
Every time when i needed "| grep", "| base64 -d" and so on I had to copy the pipe symbol.

Did anybody experienced the same problem and know how to type a pipe symbol on MacOS keyboard.
The normal combination (option + 7) didnt work in the PSI window, tried many combinations but couldnt get the symbol.

Best Answer

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,189
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @muecahit94,

We are sorry to hear you encountered issues during the exam. Forums are dedicated exclusively for course content questions. All exam-related questions are resolved by the Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. It can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, depending on the volume and jira system availability. Tickets are handled in the order received.

I also encourage you to read through the candidate handbook, exam tips and FAQ sections for information about keyboard behavior, keyboard shortcuts, etc.

Regards,
    -Chris

Answers

• muecahit94
    Options

Hi @chrispokorni
    Thank you, I didnt know that the Forum here is only for course content questions.
    Will try to find a solution on the support page.

Regards,
    Mücahit

Categories

Upcoming Training