Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Looking for an enthusiastic collaborator for an embedded Linux project

Options

Hello,

My name is Ian Lang and my day job is FPGA/ASIC design and verification. In my spare/off time, I am trying to add embedded Linux to my portfolio of skills (SBCs, Buildroot, Petalinux, shared libraries, sysroot, u-boot, all that kind of good stuff). But it's a slow process working purely alone. And I frequently get stuck simply because I have nobody with whom I can discuss issues and objectives. Ultimately, I have an idea for a - probably SBC based - product that I would like to bring to fruition. However, I'm realising that having to self-teach myself all of the skills is quite slow and laborious. So I'm looking to find a partner who would call him/herself an embedded Linux expert - or at least an enthusiast with a bit of experience, with whom I can share idea, discuss implementations, share the work and ultimately, share any money that might be made. I'm also looking for somebody who is prepared to devote a bit of time on a regular basis to develop a prototype. It doesn't matter where you are; we can work through Teams.

The product would be for use in aviation and I feel sure that a modest market exists for it. If I've peaked your interest and if you are ok with signing an NDA, I'd love to hear from you. I'm pretty friendly by the way.

Answers

• gulshan212
    gulshan212 Posts: 11
    Options

Hello this is Gulshan Negi
    Well, finding a collaborative partner or embedded Linux expert can significantly speed up your learning and assist you in more effectively overcoming obstacles. You can meet people who share your interests and enthusiasm for embedded Linux by exploring online communities, participating in open source projects, attending meetups and conferences, making use of professional networks, and utilizing collaboration platforms.
    I hope it will help you.
    Thanks

• arochester
    arochester Posts: 368
    Options

^^^
    99.9% generated by AI. Useless.

• ian.lang
    ian.lang Posts: 2
    Options

Yes, you're right, that's just the kind of reply I get out of YouChat. I actually thought this was a forum where I might find such help. Never mind.

Categories

Upcoming Training