Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

About E-Learning content.

Options

I have the doubt of whether the content to be examined coincides with what is in Elearning, or is it just a guide that does not cover everything?

I see that the contents are short and things on some topic are missing and I am afraid I will not delve into these contents and that they will be examined.

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,903
    Options

The course is good preparation for the exam, but it is not teaching the exam. This course, along with other resources and lots of practice should help you prepare for the exam.

• yperez
    yperez Posts: 8
    Options

thanks for the answer,

When referring to other resources, are they external or the Linux Foundation's own?

• ansmn1974
    Options

We as students have the right to get a guide and practice exams . even the quiz after each chapter is not testing anything.

• theronlesesne
    Options

I agree with #ansmn1974 - students should have a more precise study guide and exam prep material, seeing that the exam and required study guide LS207 cost $500. Students should have to search all over the internet to look for exam prep test. Retakes cost a lot of money!!!

• theronlesesne
    Options

@fcioanca said:
    The course is good preparation for the exam, but it is not teaching the exam. This course, along with other resources and lots of practice should help you prepare for the exam.

Good Day... Which study guide is best for the LFCS: LS207 or LFS211

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @theronlesesne

LFS207 is good preparation for the exam, along with other resources (such as documentation) and a lot of real-world hands-on practice. Please keep in mind that LFCS is a hands-on exam, so you need to be very familiar with Linux system administration and command line.

• theronlesesne
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! Well... In regards to your post, LS211 seems to be more practical. It covers Linux Admin task vs LS207 which only covers Linux basics.

• theronlesesne
    Options

Note: I passed the LFCA exam using Linux Foundation recommended study material - so I was confident in proceeding with purchase the LS207 study guide for the LFCS exam prep, based off my past experience and success. I'm not as confident this go around using the LS207.

• fcioanca
    Options

For LFCS, the course alone will not be sufficient, and we don't advertise that the course alone is enough. It is a practical exam, not a multiple choice exam.

• theronlesesne
    Options

Thanks for the feedback - have a blessed day! :)

Categories

Upcoming Training