Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

unable to complete CKA exam due to PSI browser issues.

Options

I had given my second attempt for CKA on 1st May. Around 60 mins of time, PSI browser stopped responding and PSI support had informed me to close the application and launch again. Frustrating process is they do all check in process again and by the time they took me to exam screen, timer was completely done and I couldn't continue the exam. Spoke to PSI team in phone and what all they did is just apologizing me for what happened. I have opened ticket with Linux team and waiting.

Comments

• kcarvalheira
    Options

I had the same problem during my CKAD exam on April 29th. With only 20 minutes left, my browser stopped responding. I was just about to review my answers, and by the time I logged back in, the exam was over. I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been not being able to finish.

To make things worse, it's been 48 hours since the exam, and I still haven't received my results. If I don't pass, I'm going to ask for a retake. Honestly, it was a terrible experience, and I don't plan on paying for another TLF certificate until they fix these issues. And, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either.

• saivenkatesh505
    Options

Does linux team responds to our queries? I want retake and want to clear certification badly. Till now no one addressing my ticket (TCCS-67975)

• saivenkatesh505
    Options

Hi @mstepien @fcioanca can you please help me here to address my issue (TCCS-67975 PSI browser not responsive and lost CKA exam screen. Need retake). I am not seeing any response on the ticket. This is my second attempt already and I had similar issues in the first attempt, scored 64% and failed. I cannot take same pain again for this second attempt where I had almost 6-7 questions to complete.

Seeing many complaints with PSI browser in many discussion forums, not sure when these will be addressed. I want my retake back and proper 2 hours to complete this valuable certification. Please reply

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 422
    Options

Hi @saivenkatesh505,

We apologize that you are encountering issues. Please note that it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, depending on the volume. Rest assured they will get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Magda

• saivenkatesh505
    Options

Hi @mstepien

Thanks for responding back..Hope team can provide me a reattempt and assure no browser issues. Will be waiting for positive update.

Regards

Sai Venkatesh R

• saivenkatesh505
    Options

Hi @mstepien

I got results today and it's 50% and couldn't clear as expected. I had got only 60 mins of chance to give exam and this is best I could do. So far there's no one who is responding to my ticket or jira. Can you please arrange retake as my both attempts are completely disturbed with PSI browser issues. Also suggest better plan to avoid these issues, may be atleast PSI team should stop doing check in process multiple times when browser is relaunched. This is absolutely time waste from them as timer never getting stopped. Expecting reply on my ticket with retake

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @saivenkatesh505,

We apologize, but you have to wait and work with the Linux Foundation Support team. We cannot further assist via the forum, as it is only meant for course-related inquiries. Tickets are assigned and resolved in the order received, and one of our team members will contact you when they get to your ticket.

Best,
    Magda

• saivenkatesh505
    Options

Hi Team,

I had got one more attempt from linux team and could clear certification this time. Thanks very much for understanding my situation and giving me one more chance.

• mstepien
    Options

Great news, @saivenkatesh505! Congratulations!

• sameera123
    Options

When there are so many complaints, I dont know why isn't this taken seriously with the psi browser. It's a paid exam , and I had a very bad experience today, and didn't get an update on my support request as well

• ramandeep24kaur
    Options

PSI Browser doesn't proceed for exam , I raise ticket no respond.
    I request for one more attempt as for me PSI browser doesn't proceed for exam.
    Atleast there should be probable date for fixing issue.

• mstepien
    Options

Hi @ramandeep24kaur,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. It can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, especially due to the high volume of inquiries this time of the year. Rest assured they will assist you as soon as they get to your ticket.

Thank you for your patience while they work to assist all students.

Best regards,
    Magda

• aishrout0901
    Options

Even I attempted the Exam Today in April 06 2024 , I faced the same issue with the PSI browser it is slow and to navigate through the docs during the exam it’s get stuck and the terminal even stuck, I have raised a ticket with PSI , but I am unable to raise a ticket with the Linux foundation as I want another attempt. Please someone help me here.

• aishrout0901
    Options

when I am trying to raise a Jira ticket with the LINUX foundation it’s showing Jira is scheduled for maintenance so I am unable to raise it please help me here I need another attempt.Cause this a very bad experience.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,904
    Options

Hi @aishrout0901

You can follow the status of the Jira maintenance process here: https://status.linuxfoundation.org. Once the maintenance is completed, you will be able to open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team. Please note that response time can take several business days, weekends and holidays are not included.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Flavia

Linux Foundation Training Team

Categories

Upcoming Training