Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

lab 3.1 Authentication Failed - tar file

khallai
khallai Posts: 3
edited January 2023 in LFS258 Class Forum

I am trying to complete Lab 3.1(LFS258) and I am getting a Username/Password Authentication Failed while trying to download the training file.

wget https://training.linuxfoundation.org/cm/LFS258/LFS258 V2022-10-21 SOLUTIONS.tar.xz n
--user=xxxx --password=xxxx

I'm using GCP on Ubuntu and it connects to the file but then times out and tells me awaiting response...401 restricted

Username/Password Authentication Failed

Has the username and password changed for this tar file used for lab 3.1?

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

@khallai Please make sure the wget command is correct after copy-pasting it in your terminal. Pay attention to the note under it in the lab document.

• @fcioanca yes I did that before creating the question because I thought that was were the issue was. Basically I thought I was doing it wrong. I verified the wget is installed and running correctly as well as the version I'm using. Then I typed the full command/link because I saw in the instructions that underscores can show up blank, so I just typed it all out. So again I ask are the credentials correct or should I be doing something else that I didn't mention above. I'm not sure. I feel like I'm missing something but can't point it out. I also sent an email and screenshot to the boot camp mentor so maybe that will help as well.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited January 2023

The credentials are correct, your command isn't (as typed in your forum post), as you are missing underscores (you have spaces instead). You can always retrieve the solution files by following instructions on the Course Resources page in the introductory chapter.

Course content-related questions should be posted in the forum, not sent to the bootcamp mentor. The course instructor and forum moderators and admins will assist you, while the mentor's role is slightly different.

• Got it! Thanks

Categories

Upcoming Training