Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Issue trying taken CKA exam

Options
crodrigues01
crodrigues01 Posts: 2
edited January 2023 in LFS258 Class Forum

So I was scheduled for my CKA exam last Sunday using PSI online exam. As stated in the emails, I ran the system compatibility check, which I passed with no issues. During the registration period (30 minutes before the exam starts) and during the "Your proctor is verifying your identity..." process, it seems that the PSI secure browser suddenly started having problems with my webcam. I was then contacted by the proctor via chat and then by support, asking me to reload the browser, which resolved the problem with the webcam, I continued the verification process and after finishing and being released to take the exam, the browser froze and the exam environment that I should access, was not loading, again I was contacted by the proctor and then by support and this time, I was asked to restart the PSI browser, which I did.

After restarting the browser, I had to go through the entire application process again, which included taking pictures of my ID, scanning my entire room using the webcam, and after completing all that, I was faced with the same issue again. The "Your inspector is verifying your identity..." process restarted, and five minutes later my webcam started crashing, I reloaded it, finished the identity check and exam environment, it didn't come up... again. The proctor again requested support, which this time asked me to restart my computer, so I did.
I did all the ID and room verification again for the third time and once again the same problem.

They also claim that they have detected a "weak internet signal on my end". This is incorrect, I'm on a high-speed wired fiber connection and my other devices showed a steady 600MB upstream. My webcam also works fine.

Finally, after more than 3 hours of trying to take the test, I accepted the option that support gave me to reschedule the exam.

At that moment I was informed that my voucher would be available the next day, that is, Monday, January 16, 2023.

Today, Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 3 days after this failed attempt to take the exam I prepared for, I took time off from work to intensify my studies, spent money buying more killer sessions, and haven't heard back from the Foundation Linux.

I have a ticket I opened with the Linux Foundation support on Sunday, but so far I haven't had any response either.

Getting this certification is part of my professional career dream and the Linux Foundation and the PSI exam have played a nightmare role in this step

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,904
    Options

Due to a larger backlog of tickets, it currently takes longer (no weekends or holidays) to receive a response from the Linux Foundation Customer Support team on your ticket (ticket number starting with TCCS-l. However, once they get to your ticket, rest assured they will assist you. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Categories

Upcoming Training