Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

NFS pod creation failed

Options

Hi,

Regarding the new deployments of PVC at Lab 8.3 step 6, for some reason it failed because of "FailedMount" from "kubectl describe pod - " result.

Here is the part of the output:

Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal Scheduled 22m default-scheduler Successfully assigned default/nginx-nfs-5486786d68-npgvf to ip-172-31-11-107
Warning FailedMount 6m47s (x3 over 11m) kubelet Unable to attach or mount volumes: unmounted volumes=[nfs-vol], unattached volumes=[kube-api-access-zbzjv nfs-vol] : timed out waiting for the condition
Warning FailedMount 2m11s (x6 over 20m) kubelet Unable to attach or mount volumes: unmounted volumes=[nfs-vol], unattached volumes=[nfs-vol kube-api-access-zbzjv] : timed out waiting for the condition
Warning FailedMount 89s (x9 over 20m) kubelet MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume "pvvol-1" : mount failed: exit status 32
Mounting command: mount
Mounting arguments: -t nfs cp:/opt/sfw /var/lib/kubelet/pods/e30a0f9a-6cb0-45fa-9f02-e268a5f299d5/volumes/kubernetes.io~nfs/pvvol-1
Output: mount.nfs: Connection timed out

I think both pv and pvc configuration are OK:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-5-226:~$ kubectl get pv
NAME CAPACITY ACCESS MODES RECLAIM POLICY STATUS CLAIM STORAGECLASS REASON AGE
pvvol-1 1Gi RWX Retain Bound default/pvc-one 82m

ubuntu@ip-172-31-5-226:~$ kubectl get pvc
NAME STATUS VOLUME CAPACITY ACCESS MODES STORAGECLASS AGE
pvc-one Bound pvvol-1 1Gi RWX 80m

And also nfs-common installation at worker node side is OK.

What is the main cause of this "failed mount" problem?

Comments

• manabu.kasai
    Options

I am so sorry, this is my mistake.
    I've found the mistake of PVol.yaml of Lab 8.2 step 6, the setting is server name of cp node.

Categories

Upcoming Training