Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 4.1 Issue upgrading worker to version 1.22

Options

I've got this error when upgrading the version of kubeadm in the worker node to 1.22.1-00:

Unable to fetch the kubeadm-config ConfigMap: failed to decode cluster configuration data: no kind "ClusterConfiguration" is registered for version "kubeadm.k8s.io/v1beta3" in scheme "k8s.io/kubernetes/cmd/kubeadm/app/apis/kubeadm/scheme/scheme.go:31"

After searching on Internet I found this was reported as an issue and was fixed. So, just upgraded the whole cluster to the latest patch version: 1.22.6-00 and worked well.

I guess the lab instructions will be updated soon to use the 1.23 version anyway.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @ojmendezz,

I have seen this behavior once before, and it was related to an incompatibility between kubeadm.k8s.io/v1beta2 from the early version and kubeadm.k8s.io/v1beta3 referenced by the updated version.

Regards,
    -Chris

• fabio.sasso
    Options

@chrispokorni said:
    Hi @ojmendezz,

I have seen this behavior once before, and it was related to an incompatibility between kubeadm.k8s.io/v1beta2 from the early version and kubeadm.k8s.io/v1beta3 referenced by the updated version.

Regards,
    -Chris

I confirm this, I got the same error trying to join a cluster create with kubeadm 1.22 with a worker running kubeadm 1.21

THANKS!

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,173
    Options

Hi @fabio.sasso,

The recommendation is to join a cluster with components on the same version across nodes.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training