Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LAB 3.2 LXC - setfacl

Options

Hello,

I am working on Lab 3.2 and on the page 3 of the lab document, we need to set the access control list on ~/.local directory.

Do we need to create this directory, please? I cannot find if we created ~/.local directory. Can you please advise?

Best Answer

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,165
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Battogtokh,

How did you provision the lab environment, what hypervisor or cloud are you using (if at all) and what guest OS? Also, is all ingress traffic allowed to your VM per the instructions in the first chapter?

As a last resort, we can disable the validation to help you move past this step:
    lxc-create --name unpriv-cont-user --template download -- --no-validate

Regards,
    -Chris

Answers

• Battogtokh
    Options

Ok. It looks like the .local directory is created itself after running the lxc-create command. I can set an ACL now.

But I am stuck at running this command now. :( Can you please advise?
    I don't understand why the optional argument --keyserver is not recognizable.

student@lfs253:~$ lxc-create --name unpriv-cont-user --template download --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com
    lxc-create: unrecognized option '--keyserver'

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @Battogtokh,

The following syntax may help:

lxc-create --name unpriv-cont-user --template download -- --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com

Regards,
    -Chris

• Battogtokh
    Options

Hi @chrispokorni, thank you very much for your reply.
    Mine is showing this response.

student@lfs253:~$ lxc-create --name unpriv-cont-user --template download -- --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com
    Setting up the GPG keyring
    ERROR: Unable to fetch GPG key from keyserver
    lxc-create: unpriv-cont-user: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1616 Failed to create container from template
    lxc-create: unpriv-cont-user: tools/lxc_create.c: main: 319 Failed to create container unpriv-cont-user

• Battogtokh
    Options

Thank you very much. --no-validate works. I am running the Ubuntu Server edition v20.04 VM on VMware ESXi host. The server has access to internet and every other lab works, except the lxc one. The --no-validate made it working. Thanks again.

• atomique
    Options

Hi,

to give further informations here if someone walks in later with this problem. I have used Ubuntu 18.04 here and had this problem also. I manually created the ~/.local directory before running the lxc commands. After that I created the acl and ran the lxc-command with the --no-validate option.

Have a nice day

Categories

Upcoming Training