Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 6.2 Issue

This is a continuation of this post. I am on ubuntu 1804 with bind9.11.3.
See attached screenshot, I was able to get lab working with "primary".

Then shortly after it stopped working and started complaining about "primary". When I changed "primary" to "master" it started working again. See this image.

So I spun up a cloud machine and checked on a fresh 1804 install. On this fresh machine "primary" never worked. Proof:
https://youtu.be/LU4FHeNEHpA

Comments

  • lee42x
    lee42x Posts: 351

    Hi MelvynDrag, Thank you for brining this issue to our attention. I see a couple issues I need to verify. I will get back to you shortly.

    Sorry for the delay, Lee

  • lee42x
    lee42x Posts: 351
    edited December 2021

    The two red circles before the numbered circles are showing failures, look at the SOA data returned, it is not your system.

    The "master" and "slave" have been removed on current versions of bind9. The bind9 documentation indicates the change.

    Please check with https://training.linuxfoundation.org/lfcs-lfce-program-changes-2021/ for additional details on exam supported versions.

  • I didnt notice that, yes I see it says icann.org for the SOA.

    Thanks for giving this a look and thanks for the quick reply!

Categories

Upcoming Training