Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 7.1 Step 12 - nslookup never works

Inside the "busy" container of course. I consistently get ";; connection timed out; no servers could be reached". I've been stuck here for hours.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @jsrogers,

I had a similar experience with nslookup, however, after repeatedly running the same command it eventually worked and it produced the expected output.

Regards,
    -Chris

• It seems to eventually work for everyone else but I've been sending this command for hours today and it times out every time. I'm using Google Cloud setup exactly as the training describes. I've been through chapter 6 and 7.1 three times now. I have a lot of work yet to do for this exam yet I am stuck on this one step indefinitely.

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @jsrogers,

Are the wget commands working in step 14? If yes, instead of nslookup you may try other tools such as curl or dig. If not found, install the curl and dnsutils packages on your container.

curl <svc-name>

dig <svc-name>

If none of them work, there may be networking issues blocking communication between with your services.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Not having any luck with wget. curl and dig are not available. I do however get results with nslookup if I use /bin/bash instead of bourne shell...

Categories

Upcoming Training