Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Firefox Won’t Play YouTube On Debian 11

Options

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first post also. The last couple of days I am facing an issue with my computer. That is Firefox won’t play YouTube on Debian 11 linux. Guys, I don't know why this is happening and how to fix this issue. Can anyone provide any suggestions for this? Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• anthonyhoyt
    Options

So, yesterday I did a Google search and found this. The issue is fixed after applying a process mentioned there. I just disabled hardware acceleration on Firefox, the issue is fixed. Hopefully, it will others also.

• takapon231
    takapon231 Posts: 4
    Options

Users of Debian 11 facing issues with Firefox playing YouTube videos may find solace in troubleshooting steps. Clearing cache, updating Firefox, or checking for conflicting extensions could resolve the issue. However, if the problem persists, considering alternative browsers like Chromium might be helpful. Additionally, utilizing third-party software like the best youtube video downloader for mac could allow users to access YouTube content seamlessly outside the browser environment, providing a workaround until the Firefox issue is resolved.

Categories

Upcoming Training