Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

backtrack 4

Options

hi

i install backtrack 4 to H.D.D but when i reboot pc show me ubuntu8.10 in boot loader (grub), is this usual?

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    Funny, when you google it, these are first 2 results:

#
    DistroWatch.com: BackTrack
    BackTrack is an Ubuntu-based distribution with a collection of security and forensics tools. ... 2009-06-20: Development Release: BackTrack 4 Pre-Final ...
    distrowatch.com/backtrack - Cached
    #
    Download BackTrack 3.0 / 4.0 Pre-Final for Linux - BackTrack is a ...
    Jun 21, 2009 ... BackTrack BackTrack is a Slackware and SLAX-based live CD with a collection of security and forensics tools.
    linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating.../BackTrack-9477.shtml - Cached

One says Ubuntu one says Slax. But Distrowatch says Ubuntu. I guess they didn't change their /etc/lsb-version or whatever folder they're using for their distro ID. This is not usual just sloppy. It doesn't really matter to the running of backtrack, and, btw, it's still pre-final so it's not all polished yet.

Edit: Pre-Final June 21, 2009 and no final yet? Hmmm.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Goineasy9 wrote:
    Funny, when you google it, these are first 2 results:

#
    DistroWatch.com: BackTrack
    BackTrack is an Ubuntu-based distribution with a collection of security and forensics tools. ... 2009-06-20: Development Release: BackTrack 4 Pre-Final ...
    distrowatch.com/backtrack - Cached
    #
    Download BackTrack 3.0 / 4.0 Pre-Final for Linux - BackTrack is a ...
    Jun 21, 2009 ... BackTrack BackTrack is a Slackware and SLAX-based live CD with a collection of security and forensics tools.
    linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating.../BackTrack-9477.shtml - Cached

One says Ubuntu one says Slax. But Distrowatch says Ubuntu. I guess they didn't change their /etc/lsb-version or whatever folder they're using for their distro ID. This is not usual just sloppy. It doesn't really matter to the running of backtrack, and, btw, it's still pre-final so it's not all polished yet.

Edit: Pre-Final June 21, 2009 and no final yet? Hmmm.

Good catch

Categories

Upcoming Training