Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFCE exam domains & competences

Hello,

I’m preparing to pass LFCE exam and I’ve been studying a lot, however when I look at the LF Certification Preparation Guide (https://resources.linuxfoundation.org/LF+Training/LF_Training_WP_CertificationPrepGuide_October2018+(6).pdf) there are some points in Domains & Competences section that are not very clear to me. Some of them I find quite abstract while other seem theoretical or otherwise impossible to do on a command line (for example Train team members on new technology or changes to existing systems)

So if someone could clarify what following points mean practically, I would be very grateful :)

• Maintain the integrity and availability of hardware
  • Develop and test disaster recovery plans
  • Support incident management for outages/trouble
  • Define a capacity planning strategy
  • Script automation tools to make work faster and more accurate
  • Update the kernel and ensure the system is bootable

When I say "practically" I mean specifying package(s) one should use to perform given point.

For example, to Run commands on many systems simultaneously one can use parallel-ssh on ubuntu or pssh on redhat.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 754

you will have to ask the exam and certification support team; we don't write or administer the exams. However ,the list you are quoting does show the symptoms of design by committee. Given the fact it is a performance exam without essay questions, I think you can ignore most of the items on your list, important as they might be. and keep in mind retake is free so don't stress too much for the first attempt

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 199

Hi @k0dard,

For any exam-related questions please reach out to our Customer Support Team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org.
    Thank you,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• k0dard
    k0dard Posts: 61
    edited April 10

@coop Thanks for your advice !
    @mstepien OK, I'll do that and post back, thank you

Categories

Upcoming Training