Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

drivers for TATA Photon+ Huawei EC1260 for linux 8

hi i'm fairly new to LInux architucture... i'm having A USb High speed internet access device that of Huawei EC1260. but as i said i don have the basics for how and wer to run the commands shown in blogs to install the modem switch programme.. i had tried to ma possible effort but all went in water.. Can anyone help me out in this regard...

Cheers,

{e-mail address removed by moderator}

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I see that the Huawei EC1260 is an EVDO Mobile Broadband card.
    Most EVDO cards are autodetect by most Linux based distirbutions, however in most cases you will have to manually configure the PPP settings for the device. We will need to know the Linux distibution name and version to know what tools you have available and we will also need to know your ISP name so we can see how they setup the EVDO dialup properties and baud rate.

Once the requested information is available we should be able to assist you more.
  • thanks for d quick response.. well i'm sorry for not mentioning the linux ver and ISP... well its LInux Mint 8 Helena and the ISP carrier is TATA (TATA Photon+)... in my earlier request i've mentioned that i'm fairly new to linux and i'm a big zero in all the languages and all..but i'm a quick learner... Hope the above things will do..thanks once again..

Cheers,
    Hibath Rahman.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Good response.

I found a guide at http://reliance-netconnect.kimom.com/linux-and-evdo-internet.html that walks you though the necessary steps for configuring the card to work with nearly any Linux Distro. This should be as simple as identifying if the device is connected then setting up the appropriate kppp, gnome-ppp or wvdial configuration to save the preferences for later.

Please let us know if you have any issues following the guide.

Categories

Upcoming Training