Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Video issues

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else if facing issues but the videos are not loading.
I tried deleting the cache as well as different browsers but no luck.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Hi @yfolias , what OS are you using? Are there any firewalls in place that could prevent you from playing the videos? We have had a very small number of learners that reported similar behavior, but, if we cannot reproduce it, it means that most likely is something on your end preventing videos from playing. Have you tried a different network/machine etc?

• thanks for your reply.

i'm using ubuntu 20.04 and the firewall is disabled.
    Please see attached the console log output. maybe there is something on your end blocking the connection?

• fcioanca

Thank you for sharing these details. We will bring this up with our LMS provider and we will follow up once we have an update.

• Thanks for that. The videos are loading properly if I use a windows host but not if I use either my linux desktop or my android phone. the windows host is the work laptop so I cannot actually use it for this purpose

I'll be looking forward to your reply

• fcioanca

We have tested on an Android phone, and videos work with no issue on our end. We sent an inquiry to our provider, and also shared the screenshots you provided - I will follow up with you once I hear from our LMS provider.

• fcioanca

@yfolias Can you please let us know what browsers you tried? Thank you!

• I've tried with mozilla, chrome and chromium. the videos in introduction seem ok. the issues seem to be coming up from chapter 2 and onwards

• just an update, the reason why it was working from the Windows host is because I was connected to a vpn. i tried to connect to a vpn via my linux host and everything worked fine. is there any way akamai could be blocking some IPs? anyway just assuming here

• Hi @yfolias,

Typically, in the past, the VPN was preventing the user from accessing training content. It seems in your situation it is reversed, the VPN allows access, while no VPN prevents it. Is it possible maybe that your Internet Service Provider is not allowing access to some sites, based on geographic location? ... also an assumption, while the training provider investigates the issue.

Regards,
    -Chris

• if that was the case, the videos in introduction wouldn't be loading as well.

anyway just tried again and seems like the issue has been fixed.

Thanks everyone,

Best,
    Yannis

Categories

Upcoming Training