Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Anyone fail LFCE?

So I took the LFCE exam exactly two weeks ago and got 30% :worried: But considering that I've had absolutely no experience with Linux before June this year and never practiced any system and networking administration outside the VMs in my personal laptop, perhaps it shouldn't be too surprising. I also learned that the LFS211 course should be thought of more as an overview of what an LFCE ought to know than a dedicated study guide.

Anyway, what was your experience with LFCE? Did you manage to pass it the first time round? How much experience with Linux networking and administration "on the job" did you have at the time of passing LFCE (if you have done so)? Or have you, like me, only practiced on a personal laptop with VMs?

Comments

• If anyone is reading this thread and hoping for replies, just head to: https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/discussion/855771/anyone-fail-lfcs/p1

• why2
    why2 Posts: 3

I failed my first exam. I was surprised that they gave me a question how to create and deploy a Docker container. There is no such thing in the preparation course LFS211, and I was not prepared! Is the LFS201 or LFS211 is the right preparation?

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

LFS201 does indeed have discussion and labs on Docker containers, in the chapter titled "Containers".

However, please do not content on specific exam questions as it is a violation of the confidentiality agreement you entered into when taking the exam.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

LFS201 does indeed have discussion and labs on Docker containers, in the chapter titled "Containers".

However, please do not content on specific exam questions as it is a violation of the confidentiality agreement you entered into when taking the exam.

• Yep, as Coop mentioned, there is a specific chapter on LFS201 about containers. It's Chapter 29. Containers Overview.

Luis.

• aimcorp
    aimcorp Posts: 17

@willdye said:
    If anyone is reading this thread and hoping for replies, just head to: https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/discussion/855771/anyone-fail-lfcs/p1

Not sure how the thread you linked to is relevant to LFCE. People talk about LFCS there, yet OP has mentioned LFCE. Totally different exams.

• @donaldsebleung said:
    I also learned that the LFS211 course should be thought of more as an overview of what an LFCE ought to know than a dedicated study guide.

Yeah, that should be mentioned before payment..

Some chapters contains just random examples with no explanation at all, others miss lab exercises, others are just a super short list of very complex items that would require a chapter on their own.

Categories

Upcoming Training