Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Audio/video stops and playback ends

Options

Hi,

I have started to have a new issue with UMS. Previously, my Ubuntu machine would become virtually unusable and have to be hard rebooted, this was due to UMS using all available child processes, I have still not solved that issue, but after the latest Ubuntu updates, now many of my AVI files stop about halfway through. First the audio stops, then the video and then UMS has to be restarted. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Comments

• zen89
    zen89 Posts: 2
    Options

@ashiko26 said:
    Hi,

I have started to have a new issue with UMS. Previously, my Ubuntu machine would become virtually unusable and have to be hard rebooted, this was due to UMS using all available child processes, I have still not solved that issue, but after the latest Ubuntu updates, now many of my AVI files stop about halfway through. First the audio stops, then the video and then UMS has to be restarted. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

I'm having the same issues as yours. So, anyone? Any take on this?

• zen89
    zen89 Posts: 2
    Options

@zen89 said:

@ashiko26 said:
    Hi,

I have started to have a new issue with UMS. Previously, my Ubuntu machine would become virtually unusable and have to be hard rebooted, this was due to UMS using all available child https aka ms remoteconnect processes, I have still not solved that issue, but after the latest Ubuntu updates, now many of my AVI files stop about halfway through. First the audio stops, then the video and then UMS has to be restarted. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

I'm having the same issues as yours. So, anyone? Any take on this?

anyone?

Categories

Upcoming Training