Chapter 15 - firewalls
I've collected several questions. Pls help me to fins the answer.I'm usuing CentOS7
1.I've disabled the firewalld (systemctl disable firewalld systemctl stop firewalld). I've configured the iptables with the iptables CMD.It's Ok. What the different the iptables/netfilter and firewalld ? How to do it correctly ? Must firewalld be stopped not to use it together with iptables/nftables? Any compatibility between firewalld and iptables ?
2. Chapter - Distribution Default:
It's possible to find /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config and /etc/sysconfig/ip6 tables-config instead of /etc/sysconfig/iptables. Is it the same file ?
3. How to save all my settings for the iptables not to lost it after rebooting ?
There is no the "service iptable save" command! As backup It's possible to save as the iptables-save > /root/ iptables.backup and iptables-restore < /root/iptables.backup . I think it's better than nothing but how to save it correctly ?
4. What do you mean " service iptables stop" ? You mean SysV , don't you ? I think Systemd is everything. There is no iptables/iptablesd. I cannot find systemctl status iptablesd. this is no here --> "systemctl | grep iptables" Is it possible to check the status with systemctl (not iptables -L)?
5. Where can I find the logs about unsuccessful connection attempts for the iptables ? Can i find statistics/logs If the connections are established ? Must " -j LOG..." be added to all rules where I'd like to see established connections ?
6. Firewalld is compatible with nftables. When about the iptables ? Does iptables compatible with nftables ?