Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 11 - Can get channel list from peer1.org1.example.com even after enabling TLS

Options

Hi All,

So I followed the LAB 11 instructions and followed the demo video too. Even after enabling TLS, I can see the channel list using peer1.org1.example.com. I have gone through the instructions two to three times now and have restarted my containers, but I don't know what the issue is.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• MauricioZaparoli
    Options

I have the same issue here too.

• Niklaskkkk
    Options

Hello @asheerrizvi , did you enable TLS on all containers, including orderer container as well?

• jmamcallister
    Options

@asheerrizvi this may be too late, but runing "docker-compose restart" will not apply the new environment variables, so it's likely that TLS was not actually enabled.

• garycris
    garycris Posts: 13
    Options

Yet another lab that does not work. I don't know why I am surprised at this point, every single lab had an issue and this one is no different. Quite frustrated I paid for this.

• garycris
    garycris Posts: 13
    Options

https://docs.docker.com/compose/reference/restart/

docker-compose restart
    Usage: restart [options] [SERVICE...]

Options:
    -t, --timeout TIMEOUT Specify a shutdown timeout in seconds.
    (default: 10)
    Restarts all stopped and running services.

**If you make changes to your docker-compose.yml configuration these changes are not reflected after running this command.
    For example, changes to environment variables (which are added after a container is built, but before the container’s command is executed) are not updated after restarting.

It appears that despite the video where instructor shows that this can easily be done using the restart command, it can't. If you rebuild the image then it will no longer have its channel association and you will need to perform all the steps again to install chaincode and join channel.

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113
    Options

@garycris said:
    https://docs.docker.com/compose/reference/restart/

docker-compose restart
    Usage: restart [options] [SERVICE...]

Options:
    -t, --timeout TIMEOUT Specify a shutdown timeout in seconds.
    (default: 10)
    Restarts all stopped and running services.

**If you make changes to your docker-compose.yml configuration these changes are not reflected after running this command.
    For example, changes to environment variables (which are added after a container is built, but before the container’s command is executed) are not updated after restarting.

It appears that despite the video where instructor shows that this can easily be done using the restart command, it can't. If you rebuild the image then it will no longer have its channel association and you will need to perform all the steps again to install chaincode and join channel.

Hi @garycris ,
    A way that worked for me to speed things up, as restarting the network needs to be done several times, is to build in the most basic commands & chaincode install/initiations into the startup script. Saved me a lot of time. You can obviously also type in the env commands needed there.

Categories

Upcoming Training