Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

lab environment lab 2 (LFS 253)

Options

Hi, I am on my first lab 2 here - cgroups. Is there a sandbox environment where I can do this exercise? Should I use google cloud shell or have something set up on my local windows machine. I re-read all the material prior to this lab and nowhere mentioned about where i should do these labs. Sorry, I am new to all this and Linux in general. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• sergeizak
    sergeizak Posts: 20
    Options

nm.. i just realized that i need to connect to VM instance that I created earlier in GCP and SSH into it

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,165
    Options

Hi @sergeizak,

The lab exercises presented in the course have been completed on a Google Compute Engine (GCE) instance running Ubuntu Linux, with provisioning steps available in Chapter 1. However, any other cloud Linux instance will suffice (AWS EC2, DigitalOcean Droplet, IBM Cloud VM, Oracle Cloud VM), or a local Linux instance will also work for most exercises including native bare-metal Linux distributions or virtual instances running on local hypervisors such as VirtualBox, KVM, or VMware. On Windows 10 the WSL feature also allows you to complete exercises.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training