Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Get 403 in section 6

Hi,
In the section 6, by the Discovering API Groups chapter, I am getting 403 error when trying to execute the curl commands.
Am I missing to set the token variable ? I can't see previously that I have to set it ?

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @BacemSOUISSI,

It seems you may have missed step 4.

If not, then can you verify that the value of the token matches the output from the previous describe secret command?

Regards,
    -Chris

• BacemSOUISSI
    BacemSOUISSI Posts: 11
    edited June 2020

Hi @chrispokorni ,

Thank you for your help.
    Are talking about the step 4 from the 5.1 exercise ? Yes I do it and it was about setting the auth variable and not token !

when I execute describe secret command I can see a couple key/value for token variable as you can see in the screen shot attached

here you can see the error I am getting

best regards
    Bacem

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi Bacem,

Exercise 5.1 is in Chapter 5 - APIs and Access, and I was not referencing this chapter.

The Discovering API Groups section, mentioned by you earlier, is part of Chapter 6 - API Objects. The section in the lecture does provide an example with curl, but if you read carefully Lab exercise 6.1 (at the end of Ch 6), focusing specifically on steps 2, 3, 4, and 5, then you should discover the missing link :smiley:

Regards,
    -Chris

• ah OK ! I thought that I already could test the curl :blush:

Thank you !

Categories

Upcoming Training