Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Greetings to everyone taking the course

Options

Hello everyone!

My name is David, this is my first time here on the boards. As a newcomer to the Linux world, I look forward to being here and reading all of your comments and issues. If anyone would like to say hello, I'm just your average all-too-polite-Canadian here who wants to learn to swim in the deep waters of the Linux terminal! All the best to everyone here.

David Leitman

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    Options

have fun :)

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,155
    Options

Hi David, welcome to the forum! If you need assistance with the labs, I'll be happy to help.

Best wishes for you, enjoy the course!

Regards,
    Luis.

• dokrisdad
    dokrisdad Posts: 1
    Options

Hello!
    I just signed up for the LFS201 course and downloaded ubuntu 20.04 vm image from the LF resources website.
    What is the password for the LF Student login after I boot up the vm ?
    thanks!
    George

• coop
    Options

Please read the 000README.txt file in the same directory as it contains other information as well that may help you and it should be read before you really do much. the password for "student" is "student". The root password is in the file, but for Ubuntu you won't use it directly as you only use sudo

• denmbithi
    denmbithi Posts: 1
    Options

Hi everyone, my name is Dennis, I am from Kenya. It's my first time in the forum and also have just register for LFCS cert. I hope to be helpful to anyone and also be helped when need arise.

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,155
    Options

Welcome, Dennis!

Many regards,
    Luis.

• abby2020
    abby2020 Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Everyone. My name is Abiola. I am from London. Super excited to be here.

• abby2020
    abby2020 Posts: 2
    Options

One question. I am assuming that those who joined today, will book the first exam in a few weeks.. Whats the recommendation here from the foundation.

• icapa
    icapa Posts: 1
    Options

Hi everyone ! This is Ivan from Spain, please to meet you ;)

• coop
    Options

you should address exam questions to the exam people ;) But my understanding is you have a full year to take the test, your enrollment in the course lasts a year. For the exam you may even have a year after exam registration, I don't know. You can take your time. What you should not do (and we have seen people do) is not work on the course for 11 months and then freak out about having no time :)

Categories

Upcoming Training