Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Every distro is corrupting my hard drive

copperly
copperly Posts: 2

So I've been having an issue with hard drive corruption on my laptop for a very long time. Recently it has been that every single distro, ranging from Ubuntu to solus to fedora, has been rendered unusable by hard drive corruption. I got some advice from someone who works in IT about it and they thought the issue was that my ram was getting corrupted when I suspend and then written to disk, but disabling suspend did not help. My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad-15abr. I've done smart tests on my hard drive, and everything comes up as ok. I'm not sure what to do at this point, because in another week my current distro, pop_os, is going to be corrupted. I will be happy to provide any additional information if needed. I am attaching screenshots for the gnome disks info for my hard drive and the smart test results.

Comments

• dday35216
    dday35216 Posts: 71

Is that statistic correct that it's been up and running for nearly 4 months? Do you have a routine that will flush cache and sync everything up?

• copperly
    copperly Posts: 2

No, since it's my laptop I turn it off and on a lot. I don't know why it thinks that I keep it on for so long.

• Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. This is really helpful and informative, as this gave me more insight to create more ideas and solutions for my plan. I would love to see more updates from you.
    Quickbooks has a highly intuitive and friendly user interface were easy to learn employe anyone with basic computer skills can quickly master even with insufficient or no accounting knowledge. If any user has any kind of queries about Quickbooks you can contact our Quickbooks pro support team.

• This is very great thought. Keep updating your knowledgeable thought. If the clients or the purchasers are confronting any specialized issues in reference to the workplace or home devices, they'll during a flash approach Geek Squad Tech Support Number for benefiting help. Is it a TV, PC, switch or maybe the forces disappointments and flood issues, Geek Squad constantly prepared to offer culminate cures during a limited ability to focus time.

• mcafee01
    mcafee01 Posts: 1

Well, post. I’m totally in love with your content and writing skills. I found this blog very useful for my work as well. Thanks for sharing this great post. McAfee Activate

Categories

Upcoming Training