Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Keyboard stopped working

Options
MaticPohovski
MaticPohovski Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in I/O Devices
Hello! So I installed Linux Mint, I had some fun with it and 1 day later it's driving me crazy... When Linux starts up, trackpad does work, but keyboard doesn't... All I did was fully updating system. I really need computer (no new reinstalling of linux), please fir help, btw, I don't​ have any other computer

ASUS X751L
Intel core I3-5010U
nVidia Geforce 940m
3x USB 3.0
1TB HDD Disk
4GB Ram

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Options

When you updated your system, either a component that controls the trackpad got changed or removed. In most linux systems, a list of old kernels are kept in the grub boot menu for redundancy. This allows the user to revert back to an older version of their system in case the updated version proves non-functional as in your case.

Reboot the system. Once you get to the grub boot menu, there should be the current kernel that was updated and an "Advanced options" list. Select that list and it should give you a list of older kernels. If it does choose the previous kernel.

• malanmc
    malanmc Posts: 1
    Options

Have you tried a different live distro? e.g., Ubuntu, or perhaps even something outside of the Debian/Ubuntu/LM lineage?

Categories

Upcoming Training