Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

k8s version used in exam vs. course/labs

Hi,
I got an e-mail on november 18th informing me that the exams will be based on k8s v1.16 starting from november 19th.
The course and labs are so far based on older versions.
My exam is scheduled for next week, should I consider myself fully prepared anyway? Any hints on what kind of changes to expect in the exam's new content, any additional labs to do for preparation besides reading the link provided in the mail?

Best regards,
Felix

Comments

• Hi @felixkrohn,
    When preparing for the cert exam I suggest checking the latest (1.15 as of now) Curriculum Overview document available from the CNCF certification site. It lists the topics you may get tested on during the cert exam.
    Also, check out the Handbook, Tips, and FAQ for additional information about the exam format and logistics.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hi Chris,
    Thanks, I read through all that before scheduling my exam of course :)

https://www.cncf.io/certification/cka/faq/ states:

The exam environment is currently running Kubernetes v1.13

Can I safely assume this information is out of date wrt to the e-mail mentioned above?

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

Hi, the website does look to have outdated information.

• There are few things I want to mention which i think will help the improvement of the course.

1. The version of kubernetes on the current course is 1.15.1 which is a little far from the latest one which is 1.16.3
    2. Maybe a support for local environment like vagrant, vbox etc.
    3. Provide the standard pairing for the versions of the services that will be used:
    • Docker versions which is best compatible with the current stable K8s release.
    • metric-server
    • helm
    • kubernetes-dashboard
    • calico for vagrant system
  • fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

The current version of the course is based on Kubernetes 1.16.1, same as the exam. Make sure you clear your cache and download the latest labs and resource files.

Categories

Upcoming Training