Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

[Resolved] Just started with linux, help please.

Hello

I am a student, just completed my graduation in biotechnology.Need to learn MySQL and familiarize myself with the linux platform, will need the skills in my masters in bioinfo.

Had downloaded the live iso but when making an usb image from live-usb creator, i got this error:

"Error: The SHA1 of your Live CD is invalid. You can run this program with the --noverify argument to bypass this verification check. fedora error" .I've started with the embedded download, but could someone please explain this error.

Just started downloadin the Fedora11 live iso from the live-usb instead. Is it good enuf or rather simple enuf for a complete newb to use?(It does look awesome tho, microsoft needs to work harder.)

I've been going through the basic tutorials on linux. I need to learn the command line and try them. Should i do this as the root user or should i create a new user?

Thanks for your time.

Pranav.

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    "Error: The SHA1 of your Live CD is invalid" means that the image you are using was corrupted during download, when downloading an iso or Linux package be sure to check the md5sum or sha1sum to guarantee that the data was not corrupted in transmission.
  • ajun
    ajun Posts: 25
    download error! Please download again!
  • yep got it right this time, thanks for the info.

Categories

Upcoming Training